Our client is the Asian presence of a European Renewable Energy Giant that has its presence in over 20 countries in Europe and Africa alone. They have been in operation in Sri Lanka since November 2020 and as they continue to expand their operations, they are on the lookout for entry-level finance personnel to join their team.
As a Financial Analyst, you will be part of a global team of professionals working in one of the fastest-growing industries in the world. You would work closely with the top management and would provide financial analytical support to the CEO and provide an analytical viewpoint of all business investment decisions and help develop strategic financial goals for the company. As the Financial Analyst, you would be expected to develop and analyze new projects and provide evidence-based investment decisions to select/qualify new projects through financial modelling.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Investment analysis
• New Project Development financials for businesses for evaluation and fund-raising purposes.
• Providing financial models and forecasting
• Development of financial models for projects
• Identifying trends in financial performance and providing recommendations for improvement
• Coordinating with other members of the finance team to review financial models and forecasts
• Cash Flow Planning -to create a cash flow plan by assessing the assets, income and expenditure
• Preparation of daily, weekly, monthly and annual accounts for reporting purposes
• Responsible for the weekly, monthly and year-end preparation of multi-currency financial statements
• Experience in working with multi-currencies
• Reconciling multi-currency bank accounts and monitoring float levels
• Financial evaluation of projects
• Financial modelling skills
• Analysis of different financial models for investment purposes
• Analysis of investment opportunities for global fundraising
• Ability to present proposals, financial models and analysis
• Excellent time management and organising skills
• Ability to multitask and meet constant deadlines
• Willingness to work long hours, when necessary, open mindset, flexibility
• To be able/willing to work in the “start-up culture”
• High moral character/ethics and integrity
• Highly adaptive and open to changes as the organization grows and its needs evolve
• Experience in crowdfunding – initiating, promoting and managing crowdfunding campaigns
• Full-time/Part-time (as directed by the management)
• Flexibility to work early or late hours, and extended weekend hours, at short notice based on project demand
• Degree in Accounting/Finance
• Newly qualified in CA/CIMA/ACCA or finalists
• Ability to work independently with least supervision
We believe in fostering an environment that helps employees realize their full potential – a place where you can grow as a person and a professional. Ability to work under pressure, a high degree of self-discipline, honesty and integrity are key criteria in selection.
Your resume MUST contain
• A passport size colour photograph, embedded at the top right-hand corner of the resume
• Names and contact details of two non-related referees
• A cover letter explaining
• what you aspire to accomplish within the next five years of your career (dreams, goals and targets),
• your expected salary
• the earliest possible start date.
All candidates would be considered strictly on merit grounds only.
Your application would be treated with the highest level of confidentiality.
This position would be based at our Corporate Office at Colombo 7.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.